**Please Contact the Storrs Orientation Office if you are a Storrs Spring Admissions Student who has done either of the following:
- Lived on the Storrs Campus in Fall 2019
- Attended a Storrs Campus Preview Program in June or July of 2019
SPRING ADMITS: For students beginning their enrollment in the spring, (January) Orientation is held in late December and early January. Students who have paid their $300 enrollment deposit will be sent an email invitation starting Late November. This email invitation is sent to the personal email address that the student put on their application to the University. Emails will be sent out on a rolling basis as the enrollment deposits are received. These emails will begin to be sent in Mid-November.
In order to support the University’s sustainability efforts, all Orientation invitations and confirmations are electronic and go directly to the student.
Students can start signing up for Orientation when they receive their email invitation to sign up. The email invitations are sent to the student’s personal email address that was put on their application to the University.
FALL ADMITS – Invitation emails are sent out starting Mid-April
SPRING ADMITS – Invitation emails are sent out starting Mid-November
Orientation programs at the University of Connecticut include a program charge because the Orientation office receives no funding from the University or the state for our programs even though we are a department in the Division of Enrollment Planning and Management. That means the Orientation program is a totally self-supporting operation as many Orientation programs at land-grant, researched based universities are today. Some universities and colleges include the Orientation charge in their enrollment deposit so all students pay it up front even though they may not be aware of this. UConn does not follow this practice because not all students who pay the $300 enrollment deposit choose to attend the university, and the enrollment deposit is nonrefundable. Consequently, by not including the Orientation charge in the enrollment deposit we are collecting the Orientation charge only from students who have decided to enroll at the university.
AUGUST 4-DAY INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION PROGRAM – The $300 August International Orientation program charge includes all of the above in addition to the residence hall room cost of moving in all international students one week before all other students move onto campus. International students, both residents and commuters, are also provided with a four day meal plan with three meals per day.
Please follow the instructions below in the order in which they are listed. This will ensure your new session confirmations are emailed.
- If applicable (Summer Orientation program only), a rescheduling fee of $30 or $125 will be applied. For specifics please refer to the First-Year Student Orientation Sign Up page or Transfer Student Sign Up page.
- Note: If you decide to remove yourself from your confirmed session and then decide to go back into it, if there is availability, you will be responsible for paying the rescheduling fee.
- If you are rescheduling your confirmed session as well as your Parent/Guardian(s)’ session(s):
1) Go to the “Parent/Guardian Orientation Sign Up” section of your reservation form.
2) Select a new session for your parent/guardians to attend. (Attendees of the Parent/Guardian Orientation session are not automatically rescheduled with their student). Make sure to remember to press the “Update” button.
3) Visit the “Dates” section in your reservation.
4) Select a new session. Then press the “Save & Continue” button.
5) New session confirmations will be emailed to you and parent/guardian(s) attending Parent/Guardian Orientation.
6) If applicable, please pay your rescheduling fee. Rescheduling fees must be paid within 48 hours of changing your session; otherwise you will be pulled out of the new session you selected and lose your spot in it.
- If you are rescheduling your confirmed session, but NOT your Parent/Guardian(s)’ session(s):
1) Visit the “Dates” section in your reservation.
2) Select a new session. Then press the “Save & Continue” button.
3) A new student session confirmation will be emailed to you. If you have any parents or guardians registered for Parent/Guardian Orientation they will also receive an email even though their session has not been changed.
4) If applicable, please pay your rescheduling fee. Rescheduling fees must be paid within 48 hours of changing your session; otherwise you will be pulled out of the new session you selected.
Pre-Orientation and Post-Orientation accommodations are available from May 27 to July 3, 2019 on campus for new students who are traveling to Orientation alone Pre and Post Accommodations are at a separate cost. These accommodations are not offered to parents and guardians.
Student Pre and Post Accommodations between May 27 to July 3, 2019 ONLY
- Cost $44.00 per night per person. (Fee includes parking.) – 2019 Information. Will be updated in April, 2020.
- Rooms are in the South Campus suites
- Reservations are made through your online Orientation Reservation Form
- Note: There are no amenities (EG: TV, Radio, Alarm Clock, Hair Dryer, etc.) associated with these accommodations since they are in a residence hall.
Suggestions for Student Pre and Post Accommodations before May 27 or after July 3, 2019
- Nathan Hale Inn (Hotel right on campus) – 2019 Information. Will be updated in April, 2020.
- Guest Room Rate $157.00 plus tax
- Students staying at the Nathan Hale Inn can request a roommate in order to split the guest room rate. Roommates are not guaranteed, however.
Code for Single Guest Room Request for Student if signing up at the Nathan Hale Inn website – ORIS
Code for Double Roommate Request for Student if signing up at the Nathan Hale Inn website – ORID
- NETID: Make sure you are using your correct NetID and password. For password resets for your NetID, please visit Information Technology Services (ITS).
- ELIGIBILITY: In order to be eligible to sign up for Orientation through the portal, you must meet all of the following criteria: 1) Admitted to the Storrs campus 2) Paid the $300 enrollment deposit 3) Received an email invitation with instructions and the link to sign up for Orientation, (Mid-April for Fall Admits; Mid-November for Spring Admits).
- BROWSER ISSUE: Try logging into the reservation system using a different browser.
- COMPUTER ISSUE: Try logging into the reservation system using a different computer.
- TO SUBMIT A MAJOR CHANGE REQUEST: Access your Admissions Applicant Portal. Please note that this is a “request” to change your major. The Admissions Department will send an email notifying you on the decision they make. Please allow some time until you receive their email.
PARENT/GUARDIAN ORIENTATION PROGRAM FOR FALL ADMITS: There is a special Orientation program for the parents and guardians of incoming First-Year Students and Transfer students who attend Orientation between the Mid-May through Mid-July Orientation period. These programs have content that is directed toward adults only. Please make child care arrangements, if necessary because the format and content of the Parent/Guardian Orientation program is not appropriate for children.
Parent /Guardian Orientation is not offered during the December & January Orientation period and during the International and final Orientation period that occurs the week before classes begin in late August. Parents of students who enter the university in December/January, in addition to those whose students attend the Orientation programs in late August can attend the Mid-May through Mid-July Parent Orientation program if they wish. Please contact the Orientation Office to do this at email@example.com or 860-486-4866 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Since the Orientation Office does room assignments in advance of each session’s arrival, students will need to email the Office of Orientation Services firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days before their session informing the office that they do not wish to stay overnight and will adhere to the terms above, (Leave at 9:00 p.m. on Day 1 and return by 6:45 a.m. the next day to catch up with their group). This email needs to be sent at least 5 business days before a student’s confirmed Orientation session, so that Orientation Services can make the appropriate accommodations and notifications. Please include your NetID.
Office of Orientation Services
University of Connecticut
233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4239
Room 17, Wilbur Cross Building
Storrs, CT 06269-4239
**ALWAYS put the student’s NetID on any payment that is sent to the University. The NetID is a student’s unique identifier since the university has thousands of students, with some having the same exact names.