Storrs Campus Preview Program Sign-Up
Welcome to Storrs!
Welcome to the Storrs Campus! If you are joining our Storrs campus community after beginning your UConn career at a regional campus, you are known as a “Campus Change” student.
Life at Storrs: Larger campus, more buildings, departments, classrooms, students, and cars
Since the Storrs campus is larger than our regional campuses, and since many of our offices and departments are in different buildings sprawled over thousands of acres, we have created a special program called the “Storrs Campus Preview Program” to help you with the transition from a smaller campus to a larger campus. We know that there are many campus changers out there who think they do not need any help with the transition, but we also know from student feedback, that the Storrs campus was a huge change from what students had been accustomed to at their regional campus. Don’t miss this opportunity to get to know Storrs better before classes begin!
Why Attend the Storrs Campus Preview Program?
- You will learn the physical layout at Storrs and see campus buildings that you will use as a student here.
- You will learn the locations of many support services on campus. Example: Academic Achievement Center, Q-Center, W-Center, Student Health and Wellness Centers, Veterans Affairs & Military Programs office, in addition to more.
- You will learn where the academic advisory center is for your school or college so you are familiar with where to go and who to contact when you need assistance with your class schedule or if you want to change your major. (Your academic advisor from your regional campus changes once you get to Storrs.)
- You will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from departments that may be of interest to you during your time at Storrs. Example: Education Abroad, Career Development, Information Technology, Parking and Transportation, Residential Life, Dining Services, Student Activities, in addition to more.
- You will be taken through the program by our very qualified Orientation leaders who can address your questions and concerns.
- You will be able to meet other students who will be changing campuses to Storrs in the Spring.
When is this program offered and how long will it last?
The program time is from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with check-in starting at 8:00 a.m. This program will be offered on Tuesday, January 14, and again on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The program is for Campus Change students only. Parents, friends or siblings cannot accompany students to the sessions.
Is the Storrs Campus Preview Program Optional or Mandatory?
- See chart below.
|School or College||Mandatory or Optional Program|
|ACES (Academic Center for Exploratory Students)||Optional|
|Agriculture, Health & Natural Resources||Optional|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS)||Mandatory**|
**For Students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Campus Change students who are in CLAS can fulfill the Storrs Campus Preview requirement if they attended or will attend a “Transition to Storrs Workshop” at their current regional campus. The dates, time and location of these workshops follow.
|Avery Point||Auditorium||12:15 p.m.||November 20, 2019|
|Hartford||HTB, Room 145||12:15 p.m.||November 13, 2019|
|Stamford||Gen Re Auditorium||12:30 p.m.||October 17, 2019|
|Waterbury||Room 218||12:30 p.m.||November 19, 2019|
CLAS students who cannot attend either a “Transition to Storrs Workshop" or one of the two Storrs Campus Preview Programs need to directly contact the CLAS Academic Services Center at 860-486-2822 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of this. The CLAS Academic Services Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How to Sign Up for a Storrs Campus Preview Session?
Campus Change students will receive an email invitation to sign up for the Storrs Campus Preview session in mid-November. Students cannot reserve a spot for the program until they receive the email invitation. Reservations are required if you wish to attend the program. After a student makes a reservation for the program, an email confirmation will be sent with all program details. Emails are sent to the student's UConn email address.
Is there a fee to attend the Storrs Campus Preview Program?
There is no fee to attend the Storrs Campus Preview Program. Students will need to pay for parking in one of the Storrs Campus Parking Garages, and also pay for lunch if they want to eat on campus.
NOTE: Residence Halls Open on Sunday, January 19th, 2020. Campus Change students CANNOT move in prior to this date to attend the Storrs Campus Preview program.