Welcome to UConn!
Orientation is a program that helps first time degree seeking students make a smooth transition to the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Our Orientation programs are comprehensive and designed to cover all the academic and business processes that new students need to complete before they begin classes. The first-year student and transfer student programs are designed with the specific needs of each population in mind. All Orientation programs are conducted in English. There will be a lot of important information communicated to new students during the Orientation program. It would be advantageous for new students to take notes. Your UConn education begins at Orientation.
Facts about Orientation for First-Year Students & Transfer Students
- Orientation is mandatory for all first time degree-seeking students attending any of the University of Connecticut's campuses.
- Orientation is when you will register for your first semester's classes.
- Orientation is where you will receive your UConn ID (ONLY if you upload a photo before your Orientation session).
- Orientation is where you will meet other incoming students from in and outside the United States.
- Orientation is when you will get to know the Storrs campus, its resources and support services for your success.
- Orientation is when you will learn about the university's expectations of you as a new student.
- Orientation is when you will have your questions answered and concerns addressed before classes begin.
- Orientation is when you will become fully prepared to begin classes at the University.
Make Your Reservation for New Student Orientation
All Orientation reservations for new students admitted to Storrs are coordinated through the Storrs Orientation Office. New students attending the Storrs campus will make a reservation through their Orientation portal after they pay the $300.00 enrollment deposit and when the Orientation reservation system goes live in Mid-April. The reservation system is entirely automated and will provide students with the most up-to-date information about Orientation session options. All first time degree seeking students attending the Storrs campus are required to attend Orientation in order to register for classes. Students will not be able to sign up for Orientation until they receive an email invitation sent to their personal email address. The only way to sign up for an Orientation program is online. Storrs Orientation Sign-up Will Begin in Mid-April
If you have been admitted to one of our regional campuses, (Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, or Waterbury), you will attend an Orientation program at that regional campus. Orientation programs conducted at each regional campus are specifically designed to help prepare you for your first semester and include information about academics and student-life.Avery Point OrientationHartford OrientationStamford OrientationWaterbury Orientation
- Covid 19 UpdateAs the university continues to monitor COVID-19, we have implemented measures to ensure the well being of our community. Beginning on March 14th, the Storrs Orientation office will be working remotely and we are unavailable for walk-in questions. During this time, the best way to reach us is via email at email@example.com, and we will ensure […]
- Spring/Summer Orientation Dates for Students Starting at the Storrs Campus in Fall, 2020The dates of the Spring/Summer 2020 Orientation program for students beginning classes at Storrs in the fall are posted on this website. In mid-April students accepted to the Storrs campus who have paid the $300 enrollment deposit will receive an email from the Orientation Office telling them to sign up for an Orientation session. Students […]
- University Privacy NoticesThe University of Connecticut values your privacy and takes the protection of personal information very seriously. You can find more information about the university’s privacy notices at the Office of Privacy Protection & Management website.
Office of Orientation Services
Division of Enrollment Planning and Management
Wilbur Cross Building, Room 17
233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4239
Storrs, CT 06269, 4239
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.